Thursday 30 October 2014

recipe thursday: peach protein smoothie


It all started when I saw this box of beautiful, succulent, juicy Ontario peaches at Costco.  Now, I'm an Ontario girl and I get excited when I see the produce come into the stores.  It throws me back to when I used to visit my grandparents' farm and go blueberry picking in the summer and then spend the afternoon making pies and tarts!  Memories...

It was so hot and humid in our tiny apartment in September, and these peaches were just crying out to be used for something delicious and healthy.  So...peach protein smoothie!  So creamy and smooth with just the right amount of sweetness from the peaches and protein powder.
 

Here's what you'll need:

1 large peach
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2-4 cups of ice (I used 2)

Here's how you'll make it:

1. Place all ingredients in high powered blender and blend!
2. Pour into 2 cups and enjoy!


My hubby and I enjoyed this several times over because it was a big box of peaches and a very hot and sticky September.  Now, I know that peaches are out of season, but this is just so good that I had to share...it would also probably work with frozen mango or peaches!

Blessings and Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment