Thursday 30 October 2014

recipe thursday: protein pumpkin cheesecake


This is seriously delicious and seriously high in protein!  I adapted this from a recipe for protein pumpkin bread.  I took out the sweetener because I didn't want any sugar in there and I had some super yummy calorie free pancake syrup in the fridge from Walden Farms, so I reasoned that if it turned out awful, I could just cover it in syrup!  

Well, after putting this in the fridge overnight, the texture and taste was just like pumpkin cheesecake - minus the graham cracker crust!

I will be making this recipe again and again! (In fact, I think I'm making it today!)



What you'll need:

1 can pure pumpkin (3.5 cups)
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
4 eggs
3/4 cup egg whites
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
8 tbsp or 4 scoops protein powder (I used vanilla)



What you'll do:

1. Whisk all ingredients together until thoroughly incorporated.
2. Pour into greased pie pans or loaf pans.  I used 1 loaf pan and 2 pie pans.  You want the liquid to be about 1.5 inches deep in the pan.
3. Bake in oven at 350 degrees C for 50 min or until a toothpick poked in the centre comes out clean.
4. Let cool on counter and pop in fridge to chill if you want the cheesecake effect or you can eat warm too.
5. Serve with syrup, whipped cream, berries, yogurt...let your cravings guide you!


As I finish writing this, I am already fed my breakfast of pumpkin pie oatmeal (see previous post), sipping on my black coffee, in my workout clothes, and so pumped about the day ahead!  Adam and Boone are sleeping soundly but soon they will be up and then we'll head out to meet the No Excuse Moms of Halifax for a morning workout - then suit shopping for Adam!  He's going to look so handsome for his med school interview!  When you look good, you just feel good, so we want him looking great and feeling oh so confident on the big day!

Blessings and Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment